Haggis Taster Session
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Balfron, Glasgow
- Product code: ht-pm
If you’ve not tasted haggis before, or want to know a little more about Scotland’s national dish, you are in for a real treat. In this Haggis Taster Session, set on a working sheep farm, you will discover an insightful and entertaining introduction to classic Scottish haggis and enjoy its unique flavours.
· Experience an introduction to Scottish haggis making with an expert local chef
· Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious
· Enjoy a delicious taster portion of handmade haggis and traditional accompaniments(Vegetarian haggis option available as standard, vegan & gluten free options by arrangement)
What to expect:
The Haggis Taster Session will begin with a warm welcome, followed by an introduction to the world of traditional haggis and an insight into the art of haggis making.
This hour long experience is a compressed version of our longer events. In the haggis taster session you will:
- Discover origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Watch a brief demonstration of the making a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to Haggis.
- We also include a brief understanding of why Haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
Finish your experience with a generous taster portion of fresh Scottish haggis and classic traditional accompaniments.