Haggis Making Demonstration & Dinner
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Balfron, Glasgow
- Product code: hmg
If you have always wanted to discover the truth about haggis whilst visiting Scotland, you are in for a real treat. In this Chieftain Haggis Making Demonstration & Dinner set on a working sheep farm, you will discover all that you need to know about haggis and how to enjoy it as part of a traditional Scottish meal.
- Experience a masterclass in Scottish haggis making.
- Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious.
- Enjoy a generous 2 course meal of handmade haggis with traditional accompaniments and a fresh dessert.
Vegetarian haggis option available as standard, vegan and gluten free options by arrangement.
Every participant will receive a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate.
What to expect:
The Haggis Making Demonstration & Dinner will begin with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee, served with traditional Scottish shortbread, followed by a masterclass in haggis making. During the masterclass you will:
- Be introduced to a working sheep farm and the surrounding area.
- Receive an entertaining introduction to the mythical haggis.
- Discover the origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give haggis its unique flavour.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker.
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to haggis.
We also include a brief understanding of why haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
After the haggis masterclass, sit down to enjoy a relaxed 2 course Scottish meal including handmade haggis with traditional accompaniments.
Traditional haggis and/or Macsween vegetarian haggis with steaming peppery swedes & creamy smooth mashed potatoes
Traditional Scottish cranachan
Delicious dessert made with Scottish cream, raspberries, oats & whisky